Experience:100-350mg - Phenylpiracetam in daily life
- Date: September 2016 - January 2017
- Gender: Male
- Weight: 175 lbs / 80 kg
- Height: 5'11" / 180 cm
- Age: 23
- Health conditions: physiological: none / mental: depression and ADHD
I came across Phenylpiracetam (PP) while investigating the Soviet pharmacopeia. I've been interested with the pharmacology of PP, which incorporates dopaminergic effects alongside classical cholinergic effects of the racetam family more broadly. Intrigued by the pharmacological workings behind the iron curtain, I’ve tried PP intermittently over the past few months.
The typical setting for these experiences is in my everyday life as a student and intern, running errands, going to class, hanging out with friends, etc. I have not taken PP at any concerts/parties. I found effects to be mild at 100mg, moderate at 200mg, and heavy at 300mg. I'll sum up the effects I consistently experienced:
- a sense of presence in the immediate moment and space that pervades the experience, which imbues a sense of flow to cognitive tasks, especially complex ones. This effect can become spacey, especially if you don't have much to apply your mind to (this effect may aid presence in meditative practice)
- cognition feels effortless, in contrast to the 'push' of a typical stimulant. Taking an exam on 100mg, concepts required little conscious effort to retrieve and connect. I finished the exam well ahead of the class, and it felt as if I hadn't applied any cognitive effort at all.
- emotional stability with mild/moderate euthymia and anxiolysis. The tradeoff is that I'm less empathetic with less emotional affect (dose-dependently); emotions feel detached very similarly to a dissociative. At 200mg +, the stability begins to feel more like rigidity, and I noticed my responses to others became direct, dry, and emotionally blunted.
- stimulating, in the sense it diminishes the feeling of fatigue. Motivational enhancement is noticeably absent, pre-planning activities is helpful. There is a slight body 'buzz' and physical dissociation that makes exercise easier. However, it is less intrusive than typical stimulants: not restless, and sleep is readily achievable.
- onset of +30m, come-up and a plateau around +3h to +8h before coming down around +10h
- Over repeated / high doses (3x wk+ / 300mg+) the benefits rapidly deteriorate. The sense of presence and effortless cognition wash into a sense of brain fog and diminished forethought, with extreme emotional detachment (emptied).
Submitted by Schema
Moderate dose of 200 mg
- Conceptual thinking
- Perception of decreased weight
- Emotion suppression
Heavy dose of 300 mg+