Pain relief can be described as an effect which suppresses negative sensations such as aches and pains. This can occur through a variety of different pharmacological and subjective mechanisms such as blocking the physical sensations from reaching one's conscious faculties, by covering the sensation with feelings of physical and cognitive euphoria, or by directly targetting the body part which the sensation is arising from.
Pain relief is often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as muscle relaxation, physical euphoria, and sedation. It is most commonly induced under the influence of moderate dosages of a very wide variety of compounds, such as opioids, GABAergics, GABApentinoids, cannabinoids, dissociatives, muscle relaxants, and NSAID's.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
- Amanita muscaria
Annectdotal reports which describe this effect with our experience index include:
- Experience:3-MEO-PCMo (420mg) - Trip Report
- Experience:300µg LSD - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:Amanita muscaria 6cm diamter dried cap smoked
- Experience:Gabapentin (2100mg, Oral) - 2100mg of Gabapentin