This article is a stub.
As such, it may contain incomplete or wrong information. You can help by expanding it.
Phencyclidines are a subclass of arylcyclohexylamines which includes dissociatives such as PCP and its derivatives. They share a core structure of a six-member saturated cyclohexane ring bound to a piperidine ring and phenyl ring at the same location R1.
Toxicity and harm potential
Certain phencyclidines, including 3-MeO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCE, and PCP, have been reported to cause psychosis and mania at a significantly higher rate than other dissociatives such as ketamine, diphenidine, or MXE. There are a significant amount of reports in the medical literature and throughout online forums which describe states of psychosis, mania, delirium, and/or catatonia after abusing these drugs. In one initial human trial of PCP, it was reported that one-sixth of the patients who had received anaesthetic doses became psychotic. Similar results (although less severe) were reported during trials using subanesthetic doses of PCP for pain relief.
It is strongly recommended that one use extreme caution and harm reduction practices when using 3-MeO-PCP or PCP. Users should avoid taking the drugs multiple days in a row or becoming addicted as this increases the risk of severe adverse effects. The recommended dosage range should not be exceeded as high doses can trigger these effects as well. Users should start with extremely low doses and work their way up as slowly as possible. Volumetric liquid dosing should preferably be used due to the drugs' potencies; most standard milligram scales cannot accurately weigh out doses below 10-15mg. Compulsive redosing before one has fully sobered up is not recommended and can result in too high of a dose.
Due to the risk of psychosis, it is not recommended to combine these drugs with other substances, especially stimulants, psychedelics, or other dissociatives like MXE. Independent research] should always be done to ensure that a combination of two or more substances is safe before consumption.
- The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Part 2 (Bluelight) | http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/697059-The-Big-amp-Dandy-3-MeO-PCP-Thread-Part-2
- The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Mad Manic Meo 3nity | http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/760934-The-Big-amp-Dandy-3-MeO-PCP-Thread-Mad-Manic-Meo-3nity
- The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Part 1 (Bluelight) | http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/454099-The-Big-amp-Dandy-3-MeO-PCP-Thread-%28Part-1%29
- http://archives.drugabuse.gov/pdf/monographs/21.pdf | Luisada, Paul V., M.D. "The Phencyclidine Psychosis: Phenomenology and Treatment." Phencyclidine (PCP) Abuse: An Appraisal. Rockville, Maryland: National Institute on Drug Abuse, 1978. pg. 241.
- Tasman, Allan, Jerald Kay, and Jeffrey A. Lieberman. Psychiatry. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2003. Google Books. Wiley. Web. <https://books.google.com/books?id=l2KRBgAAQBAJ&pg=PT4957&lpg=PT4957&dq=Greifenstein+et+al.+1958%29.&source=bl&ots=s5CFdAfMzc&sig=GzsOq_N-V1qtahxyyHnKMJceEj0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwji0pWTjNLKAhUBaD4KHTfqD0sQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=Greifenstein%20et%20al.%201958%29.&f=false>.
- Phencyclidine analog use in Sweden--intoxication cases involving 3-MeO-PCP and 4-MeO-PCP from the STRIDA project. (PubMed.gov / NCBI) | http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26295489
- The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Part 2 | Page 18 | 10-08-2014 09:10 | Post #448 by Sekio (Administrator) | http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/697059-The-Big-amp-Dandy-3-MeO-PCP-Thread-Part-2?p=12523821&viewfull=1#post12523821
- The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Part 2 | Page 20 | 30-08-2014 14:08 | Post #481 by Chocodoobie | http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/697059-The-Big-amp-Dandy-3-MeO-PCP-Thread-Part-2?p=12559322&viewfull=1#post12559322
- The Big & Dandy 3-MeO-PCP Thread - Part 3 | Page 1 | 23-06-2015 11:53 | Post #5 by Confield | http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/760934-The-Big-amp-Dandy-3-MeO-PCP-Thread-Mad-Manic-Meo-3nity?p=13108675&viewfull=1#post13108675
- https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=103972 | NumbnDumb. "So Strong I'm Shocked: An Experience with 3-MeO-PCP (ID 103972)". Erowid.org. Jan 24, 2016. erowid.org/exp/103972
- 3-MeO-PCP (Tripsit) | https://wiki.tripsit.me/wiki/3-MeO-PCP