PCP may cause psychosis and mania at a significantly higher rate than other dissociatives.
It is strongly discouraged to use this substance in high doses or multiple days in a row. Please see this section for more details.
Psychoactive class: Dissociatives
Chemical class: Arylcyclohexylamines
- Highly addictive with a high potential for adverse side effects such as psychosis
- Full tolerance is reached with prolonged and repeated use
- Decreases to half after 3 - 7 days
- Returns to baseline after 1 - 2 weeks
- Cross-tolerance with all dissociatives
- ↑ Luisada, P. V., M. D. (1978), “The Phencyclidine Psychosis: Phenomenology and Treatment.” Phencyclidine (PCP) Abuse: An Appraisal., National Institute on Drug Abuse
- ↑ Tasman, A., Kay, J., Lieberman, J. A., First, M. B., Riba, M. (5 February 2015). Psychiatry. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9781118753361.