Stimulation can be described as an increase in a person's physical energy levels which are interpreted as encouraging when it comes to wakefulness, movement, performing tasks, talkativeness, and general exercise.
At lower levels, stimulation typically presents itself as encouraged more so than forced. This can be described as feeling distinctly energetic, but in a purely controllable fashion that does not overwhelm the person with involuntary movements should they choose to stop expending large amounts of energy. It is often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as motivation enhancement, analysis enhancement, thought acceleration, focus enhancement, and appetite suppression in a manner which can result in a distinct increase in the person's overall productivity.
At higher levels, stimulation typically presents itself as forced more so than encouraged. This can be described as the effects of increased energy becoming so pronounced that the person will be incapable of relaxing and will feel an irresistible urge to perform some sort of physical task. It is often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as thought disorganization, focus suppression, short term memory suppression, increased heart rate, teeth grinding, temporary erectile dysfunction, sweating, and dehydration in a manner which can lead to lead to a distinct decrease in the person's overall productivity.
Stimulation is most commonly induced under the influence of moderate dosages of stimulant compounds, particularly dopaminergic stimulants such as amphetamine, methylphenidate, MDMA, and cocaine. However, it may also occur under the influence of other compounds such as certain psychedelics and certain dissociatives.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 105mg Ephenidine - An Intense Emotional Experience
- Experience: 15mg 2C-B (oral) - A pleasant low-dose evening with Nexus
- Experience: 22mg 2C-B (oral) / 100ug 1P-LSD (sublingual) - My first time tripping alone (2 days in a row)
- Experience: 36mg 4-AcO-DiPT - Truly, one for the psychedelic animals among us
- Experience:0.75g MDMA - Possibly some MDA through metabolisation?
- Experience:1000mg / 1200mg / 1400mg / 1600mg - heroic doses
- Experience:100ug 1P-LSD - A Fear and loathing into Bliss
- Experience:120mg - Garden of The Gods
- Experience:120µg LSD - First Bad Acid Trip, Psychosis
- Experience:1g Methiopropamine - Chasing the Chalky Dragon
- Experience:2 hits of LSD + weed - Mindfuck
- Experience:2.5g Peganum Harmala + 250µg LSD - Ecstasy of Love and Misanthropy
- Experience:225ug LSD + 9g cubensis - Galactic Melt and the Meverse
- Experience:22mg N-Ethylhexedrone (Hexen) - A (Somewhat) Functional Stimulant at Low Doses
- Experience:250 seeds - Harsh body load
- Experience:25mg - A labyrinth of organs and a storybook walk
- Experience:25mg 3-MeO-PCP - Enhanced film experience
- Experience:2C-P (approx. 35mg) - Asymmetrical Terror and the Geometric Sea
- Experience:3-MEO-PCMo (420mg) - Trip Report
- Experience:300µg LSD - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:30mg Isopropylphenidate - IPPH As A Study Aid
- Experience:37mg Isopropylphenidate - Getting Shit Done With Isopropylphenidate
- Experience:42 mg TMA-6: Pure Bliss
- Experience:45mg 2cc & 45mg 4-aco-dmt - Ego death and loneliness
- Experience:4F-EPH (15mg) - Untitled
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:75mg 3-FMA - Perfect Blend of Euphoria and Functionality
- Experience:A combination of DOC, 5-MAPB, 5-MeO-DMT, ETH-LAD, Cannabis, Pentedrone
- Experience:A night with Ethylphenidate
- Experience:BK-2C-B - Various experiences
- Experience:DXM and Cannabis: 100mg - Unexpected Strong Trip
- Experience:Ephenidine:185mg - A Weird and Rewarding Trip
- Experience:N,N-Dimethylcathinone:102 mg - A Decent, Functional Stimulant
- Experience:Unknown Dose DOC (Insufflated) - Overdosing and Terifying Ego Death
- Experience:Unknown dosage / 1 tab DOC - Psychedelia Turned Into Stimulant Psychosis
- Experience:Unknown dosage / 3 tabs - Ego death and a total break through in the snow
- Stimulation (PsychologyDictionary) | https://psychologydictionary.org/stimulation/
- Stimulation definition | https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stimulate
- Chapter 2—How Stimulants Affect the Brain and Behavior (Treatment for Stimulant Use Disorders) | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK64328/