Experience:337mg DMT fumarate - A Day With DMT
- Context: Had been waiting to try DMT for a long time, got some fumurate, waited a few months til my moods settled. My assistant, β, accompanied me throughout the day of testing. We started out by weighing three separate amounts of 100mg (+/- 5mg), and then made individual 50mg amounts. We traded off between hits, occasionally bumping our doses with hits of 10-30mg, there was definitely some eyeballing that went on. We put the doses (the 50s) into gelatin capsules for holding. After the third go for each of us, we stopped counting the milligrams.
- Subject: Male | 90kg / 198lbs | 178cm
- Environment: Apartment
- Timeline: 13:30 - 17:30
- Excess Material(s) Consumed: 5g Matanuska Thunderfuck (~1000mg THC)
13:30 - First doses (~50mg)
I weighed out 25mg out of one of the 50mg capsules for β, since they wanted to start first and let me watch them before I started. I dumped the DMT on top of a half packed bowl of weed, and before I could top it off with more weed, β hit it. β took two large hits, holding them in for ~5 seconds each. β remarked at how it tasted and smelled like plastic, I agreed. β’s pupils dilated very quickly, within the span if 20 seconds β lay back on the couch and closed their eyes. They opened their mouth to say something, but closed it. I asked β how it was, they responded with positive. I weighed 25mg, sandwiched it between weed, took three hits, and waited.
In around ten seconds it had hit me, like an electric shock straight into my brain. A wave of heat rippled from my chest to the top of my head, then spread down my body, locking me in place. I felt incredible, alive, everything was brighter. The room felt so spacious! I had never noticed how the sun peaked through the blinds like that, or how my walls were covered in faces. In a similar manner of LSD, magnification of the point that you stare in seems to illicit flashing geometric webs of scenes and people in the peripheral vision. My body felt lit up and magnificent. β looked at me and grinned, they asked me to try to work the visualiser on the TV, so I put a psychedelic visualiser up on the chromecast. I’ll link it in the bottom of this report. It became an important focal point for both β and my experiences.
14:00 - Second rounds (~150mg)
After having been pleased with 25mg, we both agreed that it felt startlingly like LSD, but β experienced different effects than I did. Where my geometry was largely external, β’s remained nearly exclusively internal. While β reported “this is really trippy dude,” they explained that their visual field was mostly distorted, and was not how I was describing my effects. β also came up for an entire ten minutes before they reported intense effects, like I experienced. Having this in mind, I believe it is safe to say that personal neurochemistry is heavily dependent on the experience of this psychedelic, and, likely, all psychedelics. This aside, we decided to go higher. Knowing that 50mg would not be simply twice as intense as 25mg, we decided to jump there. I’m assuming these doses were 50mg, they were more likely between 47mg and 57mg, I don’t have exacts for these, since we were pretty inebriated and were acting somewhat brashly. β went first again, but they let me properly sandwich the DMT this time. They took one hit, and it was too much. After a glass of water and a few minutes, they told me to finish the bowl.
The bowl looked mostly cleared, I pulled the stale smoke, breathed out, lit the bowl, and killed it. As soon as the smoke hit my throat I knew something was weird, it tasted like my last DMT hit, but far more intense. It became very clear to me pretty immediately that I had taken the majority of his hit, as well as probably some residue. It hit me so hard, that sensation I explained before but with the force of a thousand suns. My body didn’t have a weight anymore, everything was going in slow motion. β moved, looked at me, and said that I should come sit on the couch and see how the visualiser on the TV looked reflected on the green marble slab I had on my coffee table, we colloquially referred to it as “the coke slab.” I got up, walked to my couch for seven years, sat down, and stared at the centre of the visualiser. “In The End” by Drew Hill blared out from my speakers, the deep resonating bass and fast paced nature began to dictate the speed and emotion of the geometry. As I stared at the centre of the TV, the edges of the TV began to expand in stop motion, like 4 frames a second. Keeping my gaze made it more intense, the TV expanded to begin devouring my entire visual field. My table, with my yellow bong, green blowtorch, and other little things, grew and fell into millions of different states of matter. It was a desert with a deep, red, setting sun, a civilisation on fire, cities rising and crumbling to the ground. The table picked up and drifted around my vision, I felt my body being crumpled into a ball like a piece of paper, it felt incredible and terrifying, and I was pulled into the TV. The music surged through my veins, I was completely unable to move. The TV’s visualiser had now engulfed my entire visual field. I was inside of it, in this world of TV. The music still carrying me further and further into a plane of complete insanity. Then, just as soon as this incredibly, ridiculously visually intense alteration had come, it was gone, fading away. I moved my head, objects sweeping back into place. I sat for a second, completely blown away by what had just happened. How long had it been? I felt so incredibly amazing! Waves and waves of soaring warmth surged up and down my body, I stood up. “WOW!” I shouted. β opened their eyes, confused. I raved and ranted about what had just happened, it was incredible, more intense than what 35mg of 2C-P had given me, that was the most ridiculous shit ever!
I sat down, β was surprised at my sudden reaction. They were still peaking, and it was all internal for them. They asked me for a bump, saying that “I feel like I’m about to make contact with the outside, but I’m not there yet.” I picked up the other 50mg capsule and tapped about 1/3rd into the bowl, added weed, they hit it. β experienced much more difficulty with the taste and harshness of the smoke than I did. They laid back and asked me to turn on more music, so I put on Odesza’s In Return album. I dumped another 1/3rd of the 50mg capsule into the bowl, covered it in weed, hit it, and let the rippling take me again. The visuals weren’t as intense this time, I didn’t kill all the DMT in the bowl most likely. The stop motion, flashing geometry, forming around the centre of my vision, was still there. The walls breathed in and out, rippling like scales on the wind, shimmering with a breeze that wasn’t there. The music took my body with it and flung me around the room, sending startlingly powerful waves of tingling sensations, as debilitating as 2C-P but without the fear or discomfort. It felt incredibly positive, lovingly hot and sharp, like I was being lifted out of the earth and into the sky. I got up, danced around, feeling my body move in slow motion. I had incredible control, I was not mentally foggy, I could think completely clearly, but the idea of transforming internally developed concepts into language was an impossible task. For the duration of the peak I was momentarily did not feel as though I was a person with an identity, but an entity that was simply moving in tune with forces beyond my natural ability to control. I danced around and we kept taking probably 10-20mg bumps for a while longer before we took a 10 minute break and decided to take 60+.
16:30 - Last rounds and walk to the park (~300mg)
I loaded in 60mg for β, it took them a number of hits and a little extra weed to get through it all. They said that they came up for a much longer time than I did. I loaded around 50mg into my bowl, cleared the bowl, and sat back to wait. At this point Tycho was playing. I was able to move, when I closed my eyes I would see a thin film over what looked like a barely protruding dimension. It was a scene of people sitting around eating and drinking at tables, with what I imagined to be the sun out. It looked weird, like muddy and brown. It was as if there was a layer of water between me and the scene and the surface was barely being breached by the edges of the scene. Like it was just partially formed. Very strange.
I walked over and made a PB&J sandwich, eating it was profoundly intense. Moving my muscles was easy but the taste was beyond what I had understood of the taste of peanut butter and jelly. So many layers of flavour, so interesting. I made some tea, it was incredible how lucid I was. While experiencing deafening and all-encompassing visual geometry, I was able to move around and use my hands normally. While being a little wafty and dance like in my movements, I was mostly able to complete everyday tasks. I closed my eyes and saw a different scene, of rapidly changing animal faces and explosions of matter. Breaking my silence, β remarked that they could see space scapes, and that they felt as though they were being lifted into space. I asked them if they wanted to go outside, they said yes, but that I needed to give them a bit. I started coming down, smoked a bowl, bumped another, small, eyeball dose of DMT, put on my shoes, and we went outside.
In the park, what flowers were blooming looked incredibly intricate, and my vision kept zooming in on certain aspects of textures. Colours were somewhat saturated and my skin was very sensitive to the breeze outside. It felt abnormally cold. The cars looked very strange, when I stared at them they would start expanding over my vision like the TV did before, so I tried not to stare at one thing for too long. Unfortunately immediately after this I looked down the street ahead of me, and while walking, my body felt as though it had been hooked and then violently tugged across the street while it stretched into infinity. I kept walking normally, keeping it together. β was behind me and walking slower, smoking their cigarette. While in the park we didn’t talk much, except about the effects that we were experiencing. Eventually we went back as effects started to subside. By 18:00 we were both mostly down, β left and I was left to watch House of Cards. I smoked a bowl and it seems to me that my tolerance for weed has been reset, it hit me really hard and my walls were breathing and tingling with geometric shapes.
10:00 - 37mg shower (next day)
I woke up the next day, feeling very tired but emotionally refreshed, and put the remaining 37mg of DMT (as weighed) into a bowl with weed. I smoked it, undressed, and got in the shower. While I was in the shower it hit me, again my walls felt very spacious, they looked to be expanding outward. As I got further and further into it, my body felt lighter, the water on my skin feeling more like amorphous heat being generated onto my skin. The tiles in my shower whirred and expanded into more of themselves, like they duplicated over the texture. With the increasingly extra lines, the squares began to shift into faces. Large dragons, ogres, random anthropomorphic beings that rapidly shifted from one to another. I danced in my shower until I felt effects decreasing, stepped out, and got ready for the day.
DMT is a very interesting chemical, and isn’t really what I expected it would be. When smoked at doses under 60mg or higher it seems to be very external, with geometry alternating between 8A and 8B visual override effects. β experienced the chemical in a very different manner than I did. For β it was entirely internal and the timeline was much longer than it was for me. My visuals remained nearly entirely external, with a couple breakthroughs. At 66mg I experienced a full and immersive breakthrough the day before, I will consider smoking as much as 100mg but I think that it would be better to try the DMT with an MAOI and oral ROA. The visualiser that I used on my TV was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2fIWB8o-bs
Submitted by - Phantasmagoria
- Visual acuity enhancement - "what flowers were blooming looked incredibly intricate"
- Colour enhancement - "Colours were somewhat saturated"
- Magnification - "my vision kept zooming in on certain aspects of textures."
- Recursion - "the street [...] stretched into infinity."
- Geometry (level 1-7) - The visual geometry of DMT seems to operate in fashion very similar to 2C-P and LSD in my subjective experience. The artistic style it presented was very painted, with moving colors and distinct flashing that I have experienced with both 2C-P and LSD nearly exclusively. Slow in motion, stop motion in speed, vibrant and softly rounded on the edges, presenting anthropomorphic transformations of many kinds.
- Level 8A geometry and Level 8B geometry - It seems to me as though effects, at high doses, alternate between 8A and 8B. Sometimes the externally perceived environment becomes everything, sometimes the external environment becomes my internal environment. Unfortunately the effects are too fleeting to get a really good feel of it, but at doses of 50mg+ it seems to present 8A and 8B at erratic intervals. I will have to try this chemical with an MAOI to have a real experience with the geometry enough to make a concrete assertion.
- Internal hallucination - "I closed my and saw a different scene, of rapidly changing animal faces and explosions of matter."
- External hallucination - "My table, with my yellow bong, green blowtorch, and other little things, grew and fell into millions of different states of matter. It was a desert with a deep, red, setting sun, a civilisation on fire, cities rising and crumbling to the ground."
- Transformations - "With the increasingly extra lines, the squares began to shift into faces. Large dragons, ogres, random anthropomorphic beings that rapidly shifted from one to another."
- Settings, sceneries, and landscapes - "I was pulled into the TV. The music surged through my veins, I was completely unable to move. The TV’s visualiser had now engulfed my entire visual field. I was inside of it, in this world of TV."
- Emotion enhancement
- Novelty enhancement - "I had never noticed how the sun peaked through the blinds like that."
- Thought acceleration
- Rejuvenation - "I felt incredible, alive, everything was brighter."
- Time distortion - " How long had it been?"
- Depersonalisation - "I was momentarily did not feel as though I was a person with an identity, but an entity that was simply moving in tune with forces beyond my natural ability to control."
- Perception of decreased weight - "My body didn’t have a weight anymore"
- Spontaneous tactile sensations - "My body felt lit up and magnificent"
- Changes in gravity - "my body felt as though it had been hooked and then violently tugged across the street"
- Changes in felt bodily form - "I felt my body being crumpled into a ball like a piece of paper"
- Tactile hallucination - "I felt my body being crumpled into a ball like a piece of paper"
- Euphoria - "Waves and waves of soaring warmth surged up and down my body"
- Pupil dilation