Pupil dilation (also called mydriasis) can be described as the enlargement of the size of a person's pupils under normal lighting conditions. Normally, the pupil size increases in the dark and shrinks in the light, however, a dilated pupil will remain excessively large even in a bright environment.
Pupil dilation is most commonly induced under the influence of moderate dosages of a wide variety of serotonergic compounds, such as psychedelics, dissociatives, deliriants, entactogens, various stimulants and some antidepressants.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 15mg 2C-B (oral) - A pleasant low-dose evening with Nexus
- Experience: 18 mg 2C-I - Visually intense and strong bodily sensations
- Experience: 22mg 2C-B (oral) / 100ug 1P-LSD (sublingual) - My first time tripping alone (2 days in a row)
- Experience: 36mg 4-AcO-DiPT - Truly, one for the psychedelic animals among us
- Experience:12 mg AMT - Nicely Surprised
- Experience:120mg - Garden of The Gods
- Experience:2 hits of LSD + weed - Mindfuck
- Experience:250 seeds - Harsh body load
- Experience:2mg 25C-NBOMe - Experimental trip to test personal limits of NBOMes
- Experience:300µg LSD - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:337mg DMT fumarate - A Day With DMT
- Experience:4-AcO-DMT + 200mg Pill
- Experience:4.5g - The Grand Introduction to Beauty and Fear
- Experience:4F-EPH (15mg) - Untitled
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:800 seeds LSA - My First Trip Ever
- Experience:~150mg MDA(oral) - a case of mistaken identity
- Zuba, D. (2012). Identification of cathinones and other active components of ‘legal highs’ by mass spectrometric methods. TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 32, 15-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trac.2011.09.009