Introspection can be described as the experience of a state of mind in which a person feels as if they are being encouraged or forced to reflect upon and examine aspects of their life, thoughts, and feelings.
This state is often felt to be extremely effective at facilitating therapeutic self-improvement and positive personal growth on a level that remains largely unparalleled by that of everyday sober living. This is due to the way in which it often results in logical resolutions to the present situation, future possibilities, insecurities, and goals or personal acceptance of insecurities, fears, hopes, struggles, and traumas.
Introspection is unlikely to be an isolated effect component but rather the result of a combination of an appropriate setting in conjunction with other coinciding effects such as analysis enhancement, empathy, affection, and sociability enhancement, and personal bias suppression. It is most commonly induced under the influence of moderate dosages of hallucinogenic compounds, such as psychedelics and dissociatives. However, it can also occur in a less consistent form under the influence of entactogens and meditation.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Annectdotal reports which describe this effect with our experience index include:
- Experience: 105mg Ephenidine - An Intense Emotional Experience
- Experience: LSD (Unknown dosage) - My experiences with LSD and anorexia/bulemia
- Experience:1000 Morning Glory seeds - Rediscovering the Self
- Experience:120µg LSD - First Bad Acid Trip, Psychosis
- Experience:150mg MDMA + 20mg 2C-B - I designed it this way myself
- Experience:2.5g Syrian rue + 6g Mimosa Hostilis - My first experience with unity
- Experience:20mg (insufflated) - I was overcome with feelings about my family
- Experience:20mg - I looked up and saw an angry god-like figure made of clouds glaring down at me
- Experience:225ug - Sheer Awe and Joy
- Experience:260 mg Ketamine (insufflated) - Lost in Paisley
- Experience:3 Grams of Mushrooms - Reset on my Life, Experiencing Satori and the Cosmic Perspective
- Experience:3.5g psilocybe cubensis - Relinquishing of Material Chains/Fear and Desolation
- Experience:300µg LSD - Togetherness and the Silent Dusk
- Experience:40mg - Brothermind and the Forest's Hand
- Experience:5 months of daily mantra chanting - Oneness through meditation
- Experience:5.3g psilocybe cubensis - Dimensional Circumstance and the Fabric of Understanding
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:70 mg - Overcoming personal problems
- Experience:800ug LSD - 3D Vision
- Experience:~150mg MDA(oral) - a case of mistaken identity
- Introspection definition (alleydog) | https://www.alleydog.com/glossary/definition.php?term=Introspection
- What is introspection (PsychologyDictionary) | https://psychologydictionary.org/introspection/
- Introspection definition (Merriam Webster Dictionary) | https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/introspection