Diffraction is defined as the experience of seeing rainbows and spectrums of colour embedded within the brighter parts of a person's visual field. This visual effect is likely due to pupil dilation resulting in some light sources hitting the lens of the eye in a manner which appears to spread into a larger range of the spectrum rather than a consolidated wavelength.
Diffraction is most commonly induced under the influence of mild dosages of psychedelic compounds, such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline. However, this effect is also experienced during everyday sober living for certain people.
|Diffraction Shades by capture-life-with-lens.tumblr.com|
|Glare by Anonymous|
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 200µg 1P-LSD (sublingual) + 12mg CBD - The Vortex of Empathy
- Experience: 80mg EPT - Bummer
- Experience: 80mg EPT - Slight improvement
- Experience:12 mg AMT - Nicely Surprised
- Experience:2mg 25C-NBOMe - Experimental trip to test personal limits of NBOMes
- Experience:3 Grams of Mushrooms - Reset on my Life, Experiencing Satori and the Cosmic Perspective
- Experience:5g Mushrooms - Failed attempt at a Terence Mckenna style trip.
- Experience:75 mg - Good tunes feat. Jeb Bush
- Experience:LSA (20 HWBR seeds) – A pleasant adventure with a harsh body load