Temperature regulation suppression
Temperature regulation suppression can be defined as an inability to maintain a normal temperature. This results in feelings of constantly fluctuating between being uncomfortably cold and uncomfortably hot. At points, this can even result in the sensation of being uncomfortably warm and cold simultaneously.
Temperature regulation suppresion is often accompanied by other coinciding effects such as stimulation and increased perspiration. It is most commonly induced under the influence of heavy dosages of stimulating psychedelic compounds, such as LSD, 2C-B, and AMT. However, it can also occur under the influence of stimulants such as MDMA and methamphetamine.
Compounds within our psychoactive substance index which may cause this effect include:
Anecdotal reports which describe this effect within our experience index include:
- Experience: 36mg 4-AcO-DiPT - Truly, one for the psychedelic animals among us
- Experience: 450 Datura seeds - Talking to Ghosts
- Experience: 5-EAPB (60mg) + 2-FMA (20mg) + 4-AcO-DMT (10mg) - Emotional catharsis
- Experience: 6mg:DOC - Carpet shop hell
- Experience:1000 Morning Glory seeds - Rediscovering the Self
- Experience:12 mg AMT - Nicely Surprised
- Experience:1g Methiopropamine - Chasing the Chalky Dragon
- Experience:1mg 25c-NBOMe - Experiment in my room
- Experience:250 seeds - Harsh body load
- Experience:2mg 25C-NBOMe - Experimental trip to test personal limits of NBOMes
- Experience:30mg - Horrible bodyload
- Experience:3g - I found god inside of myself
- Experience:4-HO-DET (20 mg, oral) - Tripping for my birthday
- Experience:4-HO-MET 22mg oral
- Experience:50mg - How's the short-term memory?
- Experience:800-900mg Ephenidine + unknown quantity flubroalzolam - Multiday Insanity
- Experience:BK-2C-B - Various experiences
- Experience:LSA (20 HWBR seeds) – A pleasant adventure with a harsh body load
- Experience:LSD (230 ug) - An amazing adventure by vikilikepsych
- Experience:Mushrooms (~0.5 g) - Autonomous Voice
- Experience:N,N-Dimethylcathinone:102 mg - A Decent, Functional Stimulant
- Experience:Unknown Dose DOC (Insufflated) - Overdosing and Terifying Ego Death
- Experience:Unknown dosage / 3 tabs - Ego death and a total break through in the snow
- Experience:~150mg MDA(oral) - a case of mistaken identity
- ↑ Walsh, S., Strain, E., Abreu, M., Bigelow, G. (1 September 2001). "Enadoline, a selective kappa opioid agonist: comparison with butorphanol and hydromorphone in humans". Psychopharmacology. 157 (2): 151–162. doi:10.1007/s002130100788. ISSN 0033-3158.